We’re closely monitoring the latest county guidelines and preparing to reopen once health clubs are permitted to do so.
We can’t wait to see you again! As we prepare for our first phase of reopening, here’s what you can expect when returning to the club (video created in partnership with Active Wellness and Synergy Health Club).
PHASE ONE: WHAT’S REOPENING
Once approved by county and city officials, we will announce a date to reopen the club with modified amenities as follows:
✔️ Limited Club Hours:
✔️ Fitness Floor: every other cardio & strength training equipment available
✔️ Restrooms only in the locker rooms
PHASE ONE: WHAT’S REMAINING CLOSED
As we plan for a staggered reopening, the following amenities will remain temporarily closed:
✖️ Lockers, changing areas and showers (only restrooms and sinks are available in the locker rooms)
✖️ Pools, hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms
✖️ Group fitness classes and studios
✖️ Towels and laundry service
✖️ Water fountains will be closed off but touchless refill stations will be available
WHAT TO EXPECT
✔️ Social distancing and signage reminders to keep 6+ feet distance apart
✔️ Temperature check at arriving to the club for employees
✔️ Touchless greetings, check-ins and purchases
✔️ Check in by name or swipe your own card or mobile app upon arrival
✔️ Cashless, touchless club transactions
✔️ For your protection, towels will not be provided
✔️ Modified club hours of operation TBA soon.
WHAT TO BRING
✔️ Face mask/personal covering strongly recommended for members (and required for team members)
✔️ Personal towels for workout if desired (showers are closed for Phase One)
✔️ A yoga/exercise mat if desired (a limited number of mats will be provided on fitness floor and disinfected after each use)
✔️ Water bottle–water fountains will be temporarily closed but refill stations available.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
✖️ Cash: all purchases will be charged to a credit card that members swipe; or credited to your card on file.
✖️ Gym Bag: Lockers will be unavailable during the club’s first phase of reopening.
✖️ As always, it’s best to leave personal valuables at home
HOW WE’RE PREPARING FOR YOUR RETURN
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes. Our club team is working tirelessly preparing for your return with deep cleaning protocols to ensure the club us safe and ready to welcome you back.
Today, more than ever before, your health and wellness remain our top priority. That’s why we’re partnering with the experts and industry leaders at Active Wellness and Tri-City Medical Center, to implement the highest levels of cleanliness and ensure safe social distancing.
Below is our plan to keep you and our employees safe and healthy. This is just the start and we will continue to update and implement new procedures and protocols as we learn more about local and national guidelines.
We are taking a comprehensive approach to ensure proper cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation protocols are in place in accordance with governmental, CDC, and WHO guidelines. We are also adding additional procedures to our continued stringent level of cleanliness.
Exercising Social Distancing
We are carefully planning and implementing a safer way for us to be together. There will be markers and directional signage on the floors and walls to remind us to exercise safe social distancing practices.
Along with implementing comprehensive cleaning protocols, we are increasing the number of sanitation stations throughout the club. These are conveniently located, easy to use and readily available equipment disinfectant sprays, wipes, and hand sanitizers.
For your safety, we have limited the amount of equipment on our cardio and weight floors to exercise safe social distancing practices while you workout.
Reduced Class Sizes
Group fitness class sizes will be reduced to allow for safe social distancing. Additionally, all classes will require reservations. Deep cleaning protocols will be put into place for thorough cleaning between classes.
We will increase our daily scheduled cleaning times along with continuous disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the club. There will also be adjusted club hours of operation to allow for additional deep cleaning.
Team members will be trained on appropriate cleaning procedures and protocols. All staff members will be equipped with disinfectant and sanitation products. Facial masks will be worn and Temperature checks will be recorded for each staff member prior to their shift in accordance with government regulations.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO REMAIN SAFE AND HEALTHY
Your health and safety is our top priority. By following the CDC, WHO, and governmental guidelines you can help do your part to limit the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.
✔️ Stay home if you are feeling sick to protect others at risk.
✔️ Frequently wash your hands using hot, soapy water for 20 seconds – this is the best way to control transmission in normal, healthy adults.
✔️ If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
✔️ Engage in no-contact greetings. Avoid shaking hands, as well as high-fives and touching the hands of others.
✔️ Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue or flexed elbow; throw tissue away immediately and wash hands.
✔️ Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
✔️ Reference the resources published by the CDC here
MEMBER RESPONSIBILITY CODE OF CONDUCT
All members need to be knowledgeable of and responsible for complying with safe and healthful conduct to minimize the risk of communicable diseases. We ask members to follow the guidelines below.
- Members who feel ill should stay home, follow appropriate self-care guidelines and/or contact their health care provider.
- Members who have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, are not to come to the facility for 14 days or until they have tested negative for COVID-19.
- Wear masks or face shields that cover the nose, mouth and chin as requested by Active and/or government mandates.
- Do not engage in hand shaking, fist bumping, high-fiving or any other person-to-person contact.
- Practice physical distancing by maintaining a distance of six feet from others and observing floor and wall signage related to physical distancing expectations.
- Wash hands frequently with water and soap for at least 20 seconds before entering the facility, after leaving the facility, and as needed during visits.
- If soap and running water are not immediately available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the facility.
- Cover their mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Follow-up Immediately with hand washing or sanitizer as noted above.
- Avoid gathering in communal areas with other members where physical distancing expectations may be compromised.
- Follow all equipment cleaning protocols as defined by site management. Wipe down every piece of equipment BEFORE use and again immediately AFTER use.
- Support Active’s commitment to providing a safe environment for all by reporting incidents of non-compliance by others to Active staff.
- Be kind and patient–we’re all learning how to adapt to this new normal.