What types of Pilates classes and training do you offer?
- Pilates mat classes are offered as part of the group exercise schedule (see website for days/times).
- We offer private and semi-private (2 – 4 clients) fee-based sessions in the Pilates Studio.
What Pilates equipment do you have at TCW&FC?
- We have 4 studio reformers, 1 trapeze table, 3 EXO chairs and 1 combo chair with split pedals and handlebars for balance.
How do I participate in Pilates studio training at TCW&FC?
- All Tri-City Wellness & Fitness Center members receive one complimentary Pilates demonstration.
- Contact Janice Lotwin, Pilates Coordinator, to schedule your demo. firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there an additional cost for Pilates training?
- Yes, all training that takes place in our Pilates studio is fee-based. Contact the Pilates team for more info.
Can current clients purchase their sessions online?
Yes, through MINDBODY online here. Please confirm the correct package and type with your Pilates Trainer.
What is unique about the Pilates trainers at TCW&FC?
- All of our Pilates Studio trainers have comprehensive certifications in the Pilates method.
- Some have been teaching this method for more than ten years, including training in additional modalities such as yoga and dance. All of the trainers are skilled at working with people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Our trainers are passionate about this work and are patient and compassionate teachers.
How long is each training session?
- Private and small-group sessions are 50 minutes. 30-minute private sessions are also available.
What do I wear to practice Pilates?
- Wear workout attire that is comfortable and appropriate.
- Pilates may be done in bare feet or in socks with a tread on the bottom.
Do I need to reserve a space for Pilates mat classes?
- Due to limited space in our Mind/Body studio, we utilize a class pass system for reserving a spot in the class. Passes are available at our Service Desk prior to the start of each class.
- You must be in the facility to pick up a pass. Only 1 pass per person.
Are mats provided?
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mats; however, loaner mats are available for emergencies.
Is the Pilates Studio open for members to use the equipment on their own?
- Participants must have a scheduled session with a trainer in order to use the Pilates equipment due to the intricacies of the equipment and the work performed.