TRI-CITY WELLNESS & FITNESS PILATES STUDIO
Pilates is a system of technical exercises designed to merge the mind and body. Created by Joseph H. Pilates, this method targets the deep abdominal and spinal muscles. Pilates combines strength and flexibility exercises to bring balance to the musculoskeletal system. Pilates can be performed on a mat using your own body weight as resistance or it is executed on specialized equipment such as the Reformer, trapeze table and the stability chair.
How does Pilates equipment training differ from Pilates mat?
- The Pilates equipment was designed to complement the exercises on the mat. In order to have the full experience, a person should incorporate mat and machines.
- The reformer is designed to strengthen, stretch and bring balance to the body much like the mat exercises. However, it uses springs as resistance and your body weight.
- Reformer training is a safe and effective method for any age or fitness level. With dedication and consistent practice, you will strengthen your core muscles and increase your body awareness.
- Pilates can be designed to meet each clients needs. It is gentle enough for the beginning exerciser, yet it can be made more challenging for the elite athlete.
What are the benefits of Pilates?
- Improved flexibility, coordination, balance, and alignment
- Increased strength without building bulk
- Development of good postural habits
- Relaxation and stress relief
- Improved general health
- Enhanced mental focus and body awareness
- Healthy breathing habits and increased lung capacity
To contact our Pilates Coordinator click here