Sign up today for a chance to participate in the 2019/2020 Lucky 13 program and complete the Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half-Marathon! This program assists those who have had or are currently overcoming health obstacles to achieve their fitness goals. Those selected will be professionally trained at our state-of-the-art Tri-City Wellness Center in Carlsbad to prepare for the 13.1-mile run Jan. 19, 2020. To learn more about the Lucky 13 and its participants, click here!
Have you overcome significant health challenges and would like the opportunity to receive professional training to participate in the 2020 Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half Marathon? Would you like to get in the best shape of your life? Are you ready to be part of an inspirational team? If so, enter for your chance to be one of the Lucky 13 chosen to participate in this remarkable program.
Tri-City Medical Center is committed to advancing the health and wellness of those we serve. That is why Tri-City Medical Center is once again the title sponsor of the 2020 Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Marathon & Half Marathon, scheduled on Sunday, January 19, 2020.
As part of our commitment to a healthy community and in celebration of this nationally recognized running event, we are making it possible for thirteen (13) lucky North County residents who have never trained for or completed a half marathon to achieve their fitness dreams by offering a comprehensive training and fitness contest that includes:
- Entrance to the 2020 Tri-City Medical Center Carlsbad Half Marathon
- A six-month membership to Tri-City Wellness Center, located in Carlsbad
- Personalized fitness instruction Trainer-led group runs/walks and workouts starting July 29, 2019
- A three-month In Motion Fit walking/running training program provided by In Motion Events
- A fitness assessment* (*required to participate)
- Personalized nutrition plan complete with a registered dietitian
All Lucky 13 participants are required to attend the Saturday morning runs/walks and informational seminars/clinics with In Motion Fit. All Tri-City Lucky 13 group workouts will be as follows:
- Mondays and Wednesdays at 6pm and Tuesdays and Thursdays TBD, for the entire 6 months of training (the days and times may change for workouts, however, there will be at least four gym workout day options).
- We will also be hosting a weekly night run (TBD) at 6 p.m. each week from the Wellness Center (this night run is open to all members and the Tri-City Community).
- The Saturday morning group run or walk will meet at a designated time based on your walking or running pace. Groups will meet primarily at the West Inn & Suites – 4970 Avenida Encinas in Carlsbad and occasionally at the Road Runner Sports in Carlsbad.