Enjoy your workout. Your kids are in good hands.
Kidz in Motion provides a safe and secure environment for your children. Parents can enjoy a workout and attend classes while knowing their children are with a professional staff dedicated to attentive and interactive care. Creativity and imagination are the focus of activities and projects. Every effort is made to focus on the abilities and preferences of each child resulting in a fun and fulfilling experience.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. -1 p.m. and 4p.m. -8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. -1 p.m
Request Childcare Reservations for Ages 6-18 months HERE
FAQ – Kidz In Motion
What qualifications do the childcare employees have?
- All employees working in our childcare department are Trustline and CPR/AED certified.
- We also require a background in child development or teaching experience.
What are the age requirements for childcare use?
- 6 months through 12 years; children under 13 not permitted in Locker Room or Fitness Floor areas.
What is the time limit for childcare use?
- Children 18 months and under may stay for up to 1.5 hours per day.
- Children older than 18 months may stay for 2 hours per day.
- Parent or legal guardian must always be on site.
What is the ratio of employees to children?
- The ratio is 1 employee to 3 children for those under 18 months of age.
- The ratio is 1 employee to 8 children for those over 18 months of age.
- Our maximum capacity is 25. Reservations are required for the morning hours during school closures and summer recess.
What do you offer for older children?
- We make an effort to engage each child by offering them games and activities, based on themes, that appeal to their intellectual curiosity and creativity. We have board games, cards, a Wii console with a number of different games, and age appropriate computer games.
- Electronics are limited to no more than 20 minutes.
- Children are also encouraged to learn new hands-on crafts and activities.
How much does it cost?
- We offer both a one day drop-in rate and monthly, unlimited use rates based on how many children sign up. *unlimited use applies to the number of days your child can come in per month. The length of time per visit/day rules still apply.
At what age can you become a member?
- You must be at least 13 years old to become a member.
- All persons ages 13-15 must be accompanied and closely supervised by the legal guardian at all times while in the Center.
- All children ages 6 months to 12 years must be placed in childcare while the parent is working out or attending an appointment.
- Children under 13 not permitted in Locker Room or Fitness Floor areas.
Kidz In Motion (KIM) Policies & Guidelines
We want to make your child’s experience at Tri-City Wellness & Fitness Center safe and rewarding. Please help us by following our policies and guidelines.
Any member whose membership does not include childcare may use KIM for the daily rate of $6 for one child, $12 for two children and $18 for three children. One visit per day is allowed.
Your child may bring a friend to the KIM however a playcare agreement must be signed by the friend’s parent or guardian and the friends parent or guardian must be on site. We cannot admit a child without a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. If the friend’s parent is not a member, or a member without childcare included in their membership, payment will be collected according to the rates listed above. The first visit for the child is complimentary.
Signing In & Out
Please be sure to sign your child/children in at the time of drop off, and sign them out when you pick them up. The same parent must sign the child in and out, unless prior arrangements have been made with KIM.
Ages & Time Limits
Please note and abide by the following age-based time limitations: 6-18 months—1.5 hours; 19 months-12 years—2 hours. The maximum stay for any child is 2 hours. The parent or guardian must be present on site while children are in KIM.
The following staff to child ratios applies: 1:8 or 1:3 for a child 18 months or younger. The KIM has a maximum capacity of 25 children. If we have reached our maximum capacity, or are exceeding our ratios and unable to find additional staff, a member may be asked to wait until someone leaves before we can admit additional children.
Please bring your children dressed in appropriate attire. Sandals and flip flops can be difficult to play in and may result in injury to your child and are therefore strongly discouraged. We request that girls not wear small hair ornaments or jewelry as they present a choking hazard.
For the health and safety of yours and others, please do not bring your child to KIM if he/she has any contagious illness or exhibits any of the following conditions:: a fever of 100 degrees or higher, diarrhea twice in one day, vomiting, a bacterial infection under antibiotic treatment for less than 24 hours, pink eye or conjunctivitis, head lice, nasal discharge that is not clear or persistent coughing.
Please be advised that if your child shows one or more of these symptoms, we will ask that you remove your child. KIM Associates are not permitted to dispense medication to your children. Children who appear ill will be asked to leave immediately.
If a pacifier is necessary during a child’s stay in KIM, please attach it to their clothing.
Changing & Feeding
The staff is not responsible for changing or feeding your child. There is a changing table and baby wipes are provided. There is a restroom for your child’s convenience. Please use the changing table for all diaper changes. No snacks, gum or nuts of any kind allowed. Drinking water is available.
We are not responsible for lost or damaged goods. Please label your child’s belongings (diaper bags, sweaters, etc.). The lost and found is near our front door.
Please do not bring personal toys. Older children are permitted to bring homework and tablets. No cell phones please.
If you are in the process of potty training your little one, we would like to assist in these efforts. In order for us to do so, parents should inform staff of these efforts at the time of drop off. We will do our best to provide those children with extra attention. However accidents do occur. Therefore we ask that you please have your child wear a Pull-Up during his/her visit. You may bring spare pants or shorts should your child need a change.
Crying & Discomfort
If the staff is unable to comfort a crying child, the parent will be notified within a reasonable amount of time (this is contingent upon the severity of the issue). Parents will be asked to remove their child if he/she cannot be comforted.
Behavioral issues: If your child continues to misbehave in the KIM, he/she will be asked to leave. If behavior continues to be an issue thereafter, suspension may apply.
During school closures reservations are required for all children. This includes summer months, holidays, winter and spring break periods. Reservations may be made a week prior for the following week. We are limited to 25 children at all times and appreciate your understanding. The safety of all children is our top priority. You may call 760.931.3133 or stop in and make reservations at the child care desk. Information is also provided in the Monthly Member Newsletters.
Reservations: 6-18 Months
Reservations are always required for children ages 6-18 months. You may request infant reservations in the free MindBody App. It can be found in the Google Play and Apple App Store on your phones. You may request your reservation a week in advance and up to 3 days prior.
See our Step by Step Guide on Requesting Childcare Reservations through the MindBody App. If less than 3 days prior: please call Kidz in Motion at 760.931.3133 or make your reservation in person at the KIM desk.. You may request 30, 60, or 90 minute times up to 12:30 pm and 7:30 pm.
If a minor accident occurs, such as small scratch or bump, first-aid (ice, Band-Aid) will be given to the child and the parent will be informed of the incident.
If an emergency incident occurs, the parent will be notified immediately, and a call to 911 will be made. In all cases, an incident report will be filled out.
We appreciate your cooperation.