THE FUTURE OF AQUATIC EXERCISE
Tri-City Wellness & Fitness Center’s HydroWorx 2000 is the only one of its kind open to the public in all of Southern California bringing you the most advanced aquatic exercise. The power of water in physical rehabilitation is a well-known fact. The HydroWorx 2000 harnesses that power for everyone from physical therapy patients, to everyday exercisers, to professional athletes.
The HydroWorx 2000 has many distinct features that set it apart from standard pools.
- Adjustable floor from 0’ to 6’ for easy access
- Variable water depth
- Removable support bars
- Large treatment area of 8’ x 12’ that can accommodate 4 to 6 people
- Resistance jets
- Underwater Treadmill
- Underwater cameras and monitoring system
The HydroWorx 2000 opens a world of possibilities to people who are unable to perform or limited with traditional, land-based therapy and exercises. Water supports the body. It provides low or no impact resistance that helps improve mobility, strength, and function more rapidly than with traditional therapy alone.
Clinical studies have shown that people improved their overall health and fitness in the HydroWorx 2000 without the joint trauma and “wear and tear” of working out on land. 4 out of 5 subjects said they preferred exercising in the HydroWorx pool rather than on a land treadmill.*
*Studies performed by Dr. Stephen Crouse, Texas A&M and Drs. W. Matthew Silvers and Dennis Dolny, University of Idaho
TRI-CITY WELLNESS & FITNESS CENTER – HYDROWORX AND PHYSICAL THERAPY
Under the guidance of Tri-City Medical Center’s licensed physical therapists, patients recover from injury or surgery faster without the stress of traditional, land-based exercises. The HydroWorx 2000 uses the buoyancy and natural resistance of water to improve range of motion, strengthen muscles, improve balance, decrease pain levels, and let patients and athletes of all levels exercise at their own comfort levels.This revolutionary multi-use pool can provide truly amazing results for patients who are suffering from a wide range of diseases, injuries, and conditions including:
- Orthopedic and post-surgical rehab
- Traumatic brain injury
- Acute spinal cord injury
- Chronic pain
Join these Elite HydroWorx Users: NFL Pittsburgh Steelers, US Navy Seals, NASA, MLB Philadelphia Phillies, NBA Houston Rockets, University of Notre Dame, Ohio State University, Manchester United Soccer, and Tri-City Wellness & Fitness Center. Come see for yourself how Tri-City Wellness & Fitness Center’s HydroWorx 2000 Aquatic Pool uses the power of water to bring the most advanced aquatic exercise to you, right here in your backyard.
To schedule your aquatic therapy, contact exercise and Physical Therapy Services at the Tri-City Wellness & Fitness Center, 760.476.2900; please contact us regarding Insurance Coverage.
TRI-CITY WELLNESS & FITNESS CENTER – HYDROWORX TRAINING
HydroWorx sessions are also available to those who are not patients in the physical therapy program. Our team of personal trainers have specialized certifications and experience to work with certain medical conditions, and can help guide you through a variety of modalities in a HydroWorx workout. HydroWorx training can benefit people with a wide range of conditions and goals, such as:
- Cardiac Rehab Phase III and On-going Physical Rehabilitation: A supervised, personalized continuation of rehab once you graduate from a clinical program.
- Fall Reduction: HydroWorx offers a safer environment where balance and strength can be tested and challenged to help reduce the likelihood of falls.
- Increase Independence: A primary goal for many is to maintain an independent lifestyle. A key factor is having a consistent, safe, pain-free exercise regimen. Working out in a multi-use pool is often the best option.
- Weight Loss: For many, particularly at the beginning stages of an exercise program designed to lose weight, land-based cardiovascular and strength training exercise can be too demanding on the body. HydroWorx training decreases body mass, which in turn decreases stress on joints and makes it easier and less painful to exercise. The ability to adjust the height of the treadmill in the water allows for a progressive approach, where trainers can help participants work through a program at various levels of stress and support.
- Special Conditions, such as Arthritis and Parkinsons
Fee Based Training Sessions inside Hydro Worx 2000 Underwater Treadmill available to members and guests by calling 760.931.3171
About Holly O’Neill has been working in the fitness industry for over thirty years. A native New Yorker, she moved cross country…Read More
Lead Aquatic Instructor
Celica was born and raised in East Java Island, Indonesia. She has worked at the Center since 2016 as an aquatic,…Read More